The Georgia Ministry of Foreign Affairs recently introduced the e-Visa for citizens of more than 60 countries. This e-Visa allows travelers to enter the country for tourism and business purposes.
The e-visa also allows them to stay in Georgia for up to 30 Days Per Entry or 90 Days Per Entry. You can apply for tourist and business e-visas online.
The tourist e-visa is used for tourism in Georgia, while the business e-visa is used for business purposes in Georgia.
The e-Visa system is an online method for quickly applying for a visa, anywhere in the world, anytime, anywhere. Payment is made online at the time of the request.
Documents required for the request
- Copy of passport with a personal information page
- Passport photo
- Accommodation information
- Your travel dates
- A credit/debit card or PayPal account
The advantages of e-visa for Georgia.
- You can access the application online at any time of the day and from any location, provided you can access the Internet.
- You can also get help from visa officers around the clock for any questions related to your application.
- You can also review your request to make sure you made no mistakes before submitting it.
- Visa issuers may ask you to correct any erroneous information or add information that you have omitted so that your visa can be accepted.
Travelers must hold a passport with a validity of at least 6 months from the date of arrival. The passport must also include at least one page available for the stamp.
The Georgia e-Visa allows applicants to enter multiple Georgia. They can stay in the country either 30 Days Per Entry or 90 Days Per Entry depending on their nationality.
You must be able to prove at the border that you have a return ticket, hotel reservation and valid health/accident insurance. These must cover your stay in Georgia.
You must also be able to prove at the border that you have enough funds to cover all costs related to your trip to Georgia. These includes funds to cover minors accompanying you.
Passport holders of the following 66 countries and territories can get an e-Visas.
90 days per 180-day period
- East Timor
- Marshall Islands
- North Macedonia
- Saint Kitts and Nevis
- Saint Lucia
- Solomon Islands
- Trinidad and Tobago
30 days per 120-day period
- Burkina Faso
- Cape Verde
- The central African Republic
- Equatorial Guinea
- Hong Kong
- North Korea
- Papua New Guinea
- Sao Tome and Principe
If you are not eligible for an e-visa, you can obtain a regular visa at any Georgian embassy in your home country.
List of countries whose passport holders can enter Georgia without a visa, for less than 90 days:
- British Crown Dependent Territories – Jersey, Guernsey, Isle of Man
- British Overseas Territories
- Czech republic
- Danish territories
- Territories of the French Republic
- Dutch territories
- New Zealand
- Saudi Arabia
- South Korea
- United Arab Emirates
- The United Kingdom
- United States of America
Answers to frequently asked questions concerning Georgian e-visa can be found in other sections of this website.