Application for the Tourist and Business evisa
Georgia e-Visa is an authorization to visit Georgia for tourism, business or medical purposes. When applying for an e-Visa, it is not mandatory to submit your passport or other personal documents to the embassy. The application is done online. The visa approval will be granted in advance digitally before your trip to Georgia.
When obtaining a Georgia e-visa your passport has to be valid for a minimum of six months from your intended date of arrival in the country. Getting an e-visa for Georgia has several benefits; applicants do not have to go to an embassy.
The application is simple and easy to fill out.
Nonetheless, it is recommended that you review your answers before applying. Even typos or minor mistakes can get an e-visa application rejected.
Steps to take to apply for an e-visa to Georgia
1. Scan the 1st page of your passport
Before you start the e-visa application, it is compulsory to have a valid passport, which should have validity for at least six months from the intended date of entry into Georgia.
In the Georgia e-visa application, you will need a scanned copy of the passport page, where your intimate information and your photo are located, so you should have it before completing the application form.
2. Take a digital photo
When performing the Georgia e-visa online application, you must upload a passport-size photograph with a white background. It should meet the following requirements:
- JPEG format. It must have a size between 10 Kilobytes and 1 Megabyte.
- The width and height of the photo should be the same.
- The digital photo must be a front view, full face, eyes open and without glasses.
- Position the head inside the frame and show the entire head from the crown of the head to the bottom of the chin.
- The background must be white.
- There should be no reflections on the background or face.
- There should be no borders.
3. Complete the electronic form
Once you have your valid passport scanned and your passport photograph, it is time to complete the e-visa application form. But before completing the form, consider the following:
- You should use a chrome browser to apply for an e-visa, but if you have issues, you can try a different browser (Safari, Firefox, Internet Explorer, etc.).
- Deactivate pop-up blockers on your browser. If you have problems with any of the payment procedure, try the other methods offered, like PayPal.
4. Get the e-visa in PDF format
Once you have completed the application form and paid the fees, you have to wait. If you do it immediately you make the payment, you will see a warning message; that your e-visa application will be processed within 72 hours, and that you will be informed via email when the Georgian government has made a decision.
5. Purchase travel insurance
An optional but very essential to purchase medical travel insurance after receiving your Georgia e-visa. It is mandatory to carry travel medical insurance in a country like Georgia, in case any health emergency arises. Otherwise, medical healthcare can be very costly.
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE GEORGIA BUSINESS AND TOURIST E-VISA?
Step 1: Prepare the required materials:
- A 4×6 passport photo in .jpg format with a white background, without glasses
- A .jpg photo of your passport data page
- Passport valid for at least six months
- Your temporary address in Georgia and the entry and exit points
- Debit or credit card for payment
Step 2: Click on this link or go to www.evisa.gov.ge and go to ‘E-visa Issuance’ then click on the link ‘Outside Georgia foreigners’.
Step 3: Download your .jpg images (passport data page and passport photo) and fill in the required fields on the form completely. Submit your form.
Step 4: Pay the electronic visa fee of 20 USD. Copy the code from the document provided.
Step 5: Within three working days, you should be notified of your electronic visa application by email. Otherwise, you can also search for your E-visa
Step 6: Use your document code to find your electronic visa online. Download and print the electronic visa in two copies for more security.
Travelers with an electronic visa can go directly to immigration offices at their point of entry and do not need to queue at Visa counters upon arrival.